Byers'; Choice has partnered with the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation for many years to create a series of Carolers representing aspects of life in Colonial Virginia.
In the first quarter of the 20th century, many of the original colonial capital in Williamsburg had been destroyed or lost to time, and those that still stood were in desperate need of repair. In the 1920’s, Dr. W.A.R. Goodwin, the rector of a local parish church, deeply saddened by what he saw as the decay of a key piece of America's heritage, started a movement to restore the colonial town. With the help of benefactors such as John D. Rockefeller Jr., Goodwin's Colonial Williamsburg Foundation started buying up historic properties and restoring them and even reconstructed many original buildings such as the Governor's Palace and the State Capitol Building based on period drawings and descriptions.
Today Williamsburg is the image of a bustling colonial town, fully staffed by costumed interpreters playing period characters and welcoming visitors year-round.